Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A little Cash

The horse, that is.  My latest addition is a lovely 2 year old gelding named Cash. Technically I've had him for a couple months now, but who blogs in the summer? 
From the minute I laid eyes on this kid I was smitten. His shiny dark coat is one of my favorite colors... 


Meeting the ladies. Probably the only time this quarter horse will ever pick up his feet and flag his tail😆






First time in the saddle: practically perfect.


He has been so easy! He's gentle. Not spooky. Took the saddle great. And I've ridden him! Even on trails. By himself. In a halter and leadrope. Not saying he hasn't made me a little nervous once or twice... but he's such a good baby! And I have to remind myself that he really is only 2 and is already so good!! Now, not to dis the ever energetic and hard working Arabians.... but it is such a relief to ride a horse that isn't afraid of his shadow!!!! It will be fun to see where my quarter horse and Andalusian kids take me.... I think we will have a great next 25+ years together! 
He has a knack for herding the doggie...


The day I decided to ride him in the pasture with just a sweatshirt around his neck. It is very possible that he bucked me off...😬




And then te next day he seemed to remember that bucking me off was an option....

But he's lovely!!!

And hasn't bucked me even a little bit since then. And I've ridden him about 8 times. Just short rides though 


The beautiful herd. Jon (my neighbor) takes the best horse photos!




Cash and Lleida have a rough life


And they occasionally destroy gates to escape into the yard. Kids. 


Can't wait to pack the miles on my little guy next summer! And watch the younger and bigger little girl grow up! 

No comments: