Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Road trip!

Once upon a time I moved across the country. Wait, that was last week. My buddy Rena was a great sport and traveled the 3700 miles from Spokane to Stamford CT with me. We camped, we hotelled. We ate too much sugar and fast food. We visited sites along the way, including Jackson Hole, Mount Rushmore, nauvoo, Kirtland, Chicago, Niagra Falls, and Palmyra NY. I enjoyed all of it, which is new since I used to loathe long trips in the car. Call me impatient. 
I particularly enjoyed seeing the church history sites. Let's be honest, road trips aren't usually terribly spiritual in nature, so my state of preparation before visiting temples and the sacred grove wasn't what it could have been. Preparation aside, I definitely felt the importance of what happened in Palmyra and Joseph Smiths role in the Lords work. 
Things are so green since we arrived in Illinois! It's like April instead of August. Except it's also hot, and quite humid. I don't mind though:) 
So I'm now living in Stamford CT, about 25 minutes from where I work in White Plains NY. My neighborhood is gorgeous! Filled with expensive and beautiful homes that look like a park. There is no traffic in my neighborhood and I feel totally safe. I've been checking out the local nature preserves and doing some hiking/trail running. It is lovely and somewhat flat here.





























No comments: