Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Traveler nurse: week 1



Two things about working night shift: it's easier during work hours and it's harder during my time off. Working during the night requires fewer discharges to home, fewer doctors orders, transfers, meals, blood sugar checks, medications, etc. Its easier by far than it was working day shift on the tele unit in Spokane. Granted, I've only worked 2 night and I've been in training, so things could hit the fan soon;) 
It has been hard to figure out how much and when to sleep when I'm home. Last night I worked at the hospital and today I slept until 5pm! What?! Now what do I do with the rest of my day (which will inevitably last until at least 3 am)? I'm at the mall looking at clothes that I don't like and eating a pretzel. Then I'm gonna go watch a movie by myself. And then go home by midnight, since I don't have a partying bone in my body. And no, I don't have friends either. Travel nursing is exciting, adventurous, new, and lonely at times. Being an introvert doesn't help. It's not like I'm gonna walk up to people on the street and say "hey! Let's hang out!". So I'm limited to people I meet at work and the 15 people in my ward at church. This is the part where being single sucks. I need an adventure buddy.
Enough of that stuff. I'm good at being alone:). I think I might go to the big city tomorrow. See Central Park? Eat at a cute cafe? Try not to get mugged or lost? Sounds like a day!

Some Stamford scenery...






No comments: